Note to media: press release here
PROTEST EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES LINED UP FOR FLOTILLA ON SUNDAY 13 JUNE!
The flotilla protest is taking shape! We have music and other creative acts lined up for the day in celebration of boater culture and all of the ways in which boaters make London a richer and more diverse place.
JOIN US, BOATERS AND TOWPATH WALKERS!
- Boat flotilla convoy with live acts onboard (brass band, buskers, soundsystems), moving from Walthamstow Marshes to Hackney Wick and back
- March on the towpath alongside the flotilla
- Multiple NBTA stalls on the towpath with cakes for sale and passionate discussion for free
Afternoon gathering at Walthamstow Marshes:
- NBTA talk
- Live music (Village Butty roof stage):
- Gator Dogs Brass Band (7-piece New-Orleans style)
- Dub Righters (pop reggae)
- Chewy She (trash-electro-disco)
- Traditional folk band
- Family-friendly punk band
- Soundsystem boats
- Boater circus show
- Children’s activities
On Sunday 13 June 2021, boaters and canal wanderers alike will gather at Walthamstow Marshes to protest the CRT’s introduction of new mooring restrictions on the lower Lee and Broxbourne.
Boaters will move their boats to the Marshes and travel en masse to Hackney Wick, simultaneously celebrating boat culture and raising a fist to those who want to destroy it.
Towpath users can chat to boaters stationed on the towpath to find out more about the restrictions and our campaign to resist them.
When: Sunday 13 June, 11am for 12pm set-off
Where: Walthamstow Marshes, opposite Anchor and Hope
See facebook event here: Hackney Flotilla Protest | Facebook
OTHER WAYS TO HELP